LIGHTCO LUMINARIES LIMITED
We recognise that you have the right to control your personal information. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is protected from misuse or unauthorised disclosure.
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is any information about you, or if you are a company your representative(s), as an individual.
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect the following information about you:
- your personal details which you provide to us including:
- physical address;
- contact number(s);
- email address.
- any other information you have given us.
Where do we collect your personal information from?
We may collect personal information about you when you:
- Complete our account registration on our website; and
- You email us.
Why do we collect and use your personal information?
We collect personal information about you (if you are an individual), and your representatives, to enable us to provide services to you.
We will only collect personal information that is necessary and relevant, and may use your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act for the following purposes:
- To provide services to you, including responding to your requests and inquiries;
- For our business functions generally, including direct marketing whether through physical mail or email (you can opt out of direct marketing by telling us that you wish to do so in writing;
- Undertaking sales history analysis.
If we need to use your personal information for any secondary purpose we will seek your consent before doing so.
How do we store the information?
Your personal information is stored electronically on our servers and on our website which is hosted by BigCommerce. BigCommerce does not store credit card information.
While we also use PayPal and Stripe to process payments.
Lightco does not hold or store credit card information.
How long do we keep your personal information for?
We will keep all personal information on file fora minimum of seven years. After this time we may choose to permanently delete this information.
Do we disclose your personal information?
Our employees will have access to your personal information. All of our employees have signed written employment agreements with confidentiality provisions which apply to information about our customers.
Your personal information may also be disclosed to:
- Our representatives, agents and affiliates, including our IT support and couriers.
- Your or our professional advisors, such as lawyers.
- Regulators and government agencies and anyone else who we are legally required or authorised to share your information with, such as under the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act 2009 or, for example, in response to a Court order, subpoena or other legal request for information.
- Our insurers or professional advisers, if necessary.
- Any other third parties we tell you about or that you authorise disclosure to.
- An entity or individual that acquires, buys or merges with Lightco.
We may also use or disclose your information where that disclosure is permitted under the Privacy Act or any other applicable law, such as where the disclosure is of information that is:
- From a publically available publication or source and it would not be unfair or unreasonable to use or disclose that information; or
- Not in a form which identifies you.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected against loss, access, use, modification, disclosure or any other misuse.
Disclosure of personal information outside of New Zealand
Other than information that is hosted by our website provider BigCommerce, which is an e-commerce provider based in the USA and Australia, we do not disclose any personal information outside of New Zealand.
Access to personal information
Where your personal information is easily retrievable, you shall be entitled to:
- Seek confirmation that we do in fact hold personal information; and
- Have access to that information.
If you believe that the personal information is not correct, you may request in writing that we correct the information. It is your responsibility to ensure that the information we hold about you is correct.
If you would like to access any information, or request that it is corrected, please contact our Privacy Officer. Their details are set out at the bottom of this policy.
Refusal of access to personal information
We may refuse you access to your personal information if (among other things):
- Disclosing your personal information will disclose information about another individual.
- Your request is frivolous or vexatious or the information requested is trivial.
- The information requested is not readily retrievable.
- The information requested does not exist or cannot be found.
We will inform you of our decision within 20 working days of you making the request.
Protection of information where a request for access is made
In the event that a request is made to access any information held by us, efforts will be made to copy or preserve the information until the request has been dealt with and disposed of.
In particular, we will endeavour to retain information for at least three months after we respond to a request for disclosure to allow you to review our decision with the Privacy Commissioner.
We aim to acknowledge receipt of all complaints within seven working days and aim to resolve all complaints within 20 working days.
This may not be possible in all circumstances depending on the contents of the complaint. In this situation we will respond to your complaint in a reasonable time.
If you are not satisfied with our response you can contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner at www.privacy.org.nz.
We may occasionally update this Policy. We will use our best endeavours to notify you of any changes.
The Privacy Officer
If you are concerned about any possible interference with your privacy, or would like to request access to your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer: